Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Identification information – including your name, email address, and company name.
- Communications – when you contact us with questions, feedback, request a demo through our website or otherwise communicate with us we may collect the information in such communications.
- Marketing information – such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications, and details about your engagement with them.
- Location information – we may derive a rough estimate of location from your IP address.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our advertising partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with Increment, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device information, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G).
- Online activity information, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing Increment, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them. We also use Google Analytics to monitor activity on the Site and to assist with advertising. Click here to learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data.
Technologies we use for automated data collection include:
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for:
Service delivery, including to:
- Provide, operate and improve Increment
- To create, maintain, and authenticate your account;
- Conduct research and analysis relating to Increment, our website, and our business;
- Communicate with you about Increment, including by sending surveys, offers, announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with Increment and our communications; and
- Provide support for Increment, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may de-identify personal information and use the de-identified information for research and development, including to analyze and improve Increment and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We and our advertising partners may use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct marketing. We or our advertising partners may send customers direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of special promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern Increment; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate Increment or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, and website analytics services).
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies and other third parties, including Increment’s parent, affiliates, other brands and business partners for commercial purposes like the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transfers. Acquirers, investors, and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate financing, divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Increment (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Update or correct your information. To keep your information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct information in our possession that you have previously submitted via Increment. Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you.
Online tracking opt out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device information collected through Increment, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Click here for more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising: Google, Facebook, Twitter
Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies: Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites, Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps, Network Advertising Initiative
Note that you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. Learn more about "Do Not Track" here.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other Sites and Services
Increment may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You use Increment at your own risk.
Processing of Data in the U.S.
We are headquartered in the United States and may use services providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may therefore be processed in the United States or transferred to other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Increment does not sell products for purchase by children under 13 years of age and should not be used by such children. If we learn that we have collected personal information through Increment from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it.
How to Contact Us
You can reach Increment through our website at https://www.joinincrement.com/demo.